Patient entry, at least for a period, in a prospective manner, into the SITS-INTERNATIONAL (“Safe Implementation of Treatments in Stroke”) database for the purpose of collecting a broader hospital-based data on stroke clinical practice in our country is activated and encouraged by the Turkish Cerebrovascular Diseases Society (TCDS) and the Turkish Neurological Society (TNS) as from April 2019. SITS is the partner of ‘’ESO-ANGELS’’ and ‘’ANGELS award program’’ of ESO (European Stroke Organization). As of the beginning of April 2019, it is an established system with 1680 centres and 237,536 patient records. In this system, national co-coordinators are Prof. Dr. M. Akif Topçuoğlu, Prof. Dr. Özcan Özdemir, Prof. Dr. Şerefnur Öztürk and Prof. Dr. Yakup Krespi. The necessary information, including the introduction of the system, registration or activation of the registration, can be found at the following links. Please be advised that you can write your questions directly to the national co-coordinators or the TCDS society secretary.
On behalf of the local coordinators,
Prof. Dr. M. Akif Topçuoğlu,
Head of Turkish Cerebrovascular Diseases Society
Links and Documents
- 1- PRESENTATION OF ‘’SITS INTERNATIONAL’’ (to donwnload the presentation): It is a presentation about the general introduction and possible benefits of the system.
- 2- ‘’HOW CAN I BECOME A SITS CENTER?’’ or ‘’HOW CAN ACTIVATE MY REGISTRY?’’ (to download the presentation): Do not remember that your centre has a SITS record or not? You can ask the local coordinators or the national coordinator directly or check on the SITS website (http://www.sitsinternational.org/).
- 3- SITS INTERNATIONAL QR (to download the presentation): It contains basic information about SITS ‘’Quality Registry’’ adapted for ‘’Angels’’.
- 4- SITS MOST PROTOCOL (to download the presentation): It contains the latest and the largest version of the protocol.
- 5- ‘’Do I need to get an ethics committee approval anonymised for SITS?’’ ‘’Do I need patient consent?’’ Both are needed. However, non-interventional local ethics committee approval is sufficient for data sharing. You can ask the central managers whether ethics committee approval on the same issue of other centres is sufficient (for example, approval 2019/04-04 of Hacettepe University). As informed consent form, SITS’s recommended consent form (click here to download) and consent form used in Hacettepe University (click here to download) were presented.